Friday 16 November 2012

MCM Expo


sorry for the lack of post but as of recent I have just been moving around from places to places town to town country to country
and now I think i have finally settled down , at least I hope for a while anyway. 
My whole life I carry around in my suitcase.

Anyway 
i have wanted to blog about this for a while
I went to MCM Expo in Autumn (oct 12) with mon chéri before I headed to Asia 
I made the costume from scratch and styled the wig for the both of us
We cosplayed as Senjougahara Hitagi and Koyomi Araragi from the anime Bakemonogatari

reason of having only a week to make everything was because he booked the ticket quite last minute ...

this was the second cosplay I have done in my life , i was scared that it might turn out lopsided like it did before ( i cosplayed - actually crossplayed as honey senpai from Ouran High School Host Club ) and I was determined to make the suit myself, but even after weeks of sewing it didnt turn out right so i had to make do with whatever garment i have and also borrowed someone else’s bunny doll to replace usagi chan
looking back at those photos i kind of regret not having done it right and vowed that next time i cosplay it has to be at least close to perfect./ done right.

so basically I had a week to head back to London for my fabric shopping and then head back to Nottingham to start drafting my patterns and start constructing the costumes. 
Luckily the fabric shop down the road from the Halls of Residence I used to work in has all the fabrics that I needed at a very affordable price!

it was a tough job making the costume from scratch ,there were lots of alterations to be made, lots of sleepless night and trying to fight for my sewing space at the kitchen table 
but i was really pleased with the end result, I worked from 9am- 2am (yes 2 in the morning not afternoon) everyday to get the job done. The whole problem solving was really fun in particular, even more fun seeing the costume finished, and worn by both of us.

We were in MCM for the whole weekend and wore the same outfit everyday. It was fun meeting other cosplayers and getting free hugs and our photo taken and ahem.. buying overpriced takoyaki (not)

so here are photos of both of us cosplaying as characters from Bakemonogatari.
i think he was the only Koyomi Araragi in the whole expo and apart from me i think we spotted another Senjougahara.

i'm thinking of doing more cosplay in the near future, it's a good way of letting off steam i guess, whilst doing what I really love. (but first i have to shed some weight)

here are photos from the expo
enjoy






found Senjougahara Hitagi figure from TokyoToys!


Power Rangers !


       

 






0 comments:

Post a Comment